Dragonsbrethren Industries Archive
October 19, 2017, 11:11:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember, this is just an archive of the Dbi Forum.

Index   Return to Slick Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Gaming Progress Thread - Dbi Edition  (Read 41384 times)
Deathlike2

Email
« Reply #375 on: November 06, 2007, 02:01:21 AM »

Wha? There's a North of Mt. Ordeals trick? Like with the Power Peninsulas in FF1 and FF2?
*goes to check*
Oh, do you mean this place with Hell Needles and Treants? This does seem like a good spot to level up Paladin Cecil. *makes mental note of it*

Well, it's not that good with Paladin Cecil... it is much better with Dark Knight Cecil and the insta-death sword. Paladin Cecil is better off on Mt. Ordeals since his sword kills anything (except Lilliths) in one hit (and in the process, might get a Lillith Rod). I forget if FF4A's FlameRod was buffed a bit (I think it was).
JCE3000GT

Email
« Reply #376 on: November 06, 2007, 05:46:22 PM »

Another thing to do--which is my personal secret for 15 years is this...

The best power leveling trick is truely awsome when you get FuSoYa--or a high leveled Rosa.  This trick ALSO increases the chance of winning rares.  Have your party setup so you can kill a monster with one or two characters and FuSoYa/Rosa immediately follows the last character's action and before the monster "dies" by fading out cast Life2 and viola you resurrected that monster for more EXP/GP and items.  I used this trick before to gain the rare items--and occasionally if you get into the PinkPuff battle and Rosa doesn't get charmed you can use this trick there too. 
vivify93

Email
« Reply #377 on: November 06, 2007, 06:09:10 PM »

...Wasn't that removed in FF4A though?
Deathlike2

Email
« Reply #378 on: November 06, 2007, 06:41:34 PM »

Another thing to do--which is my personal secret for 15 years is this...

The best power leveling trick is truely awsome when you get FuSoYa--or a high leveled Rosa.  This trick ALSO increases the chance of winning rares.  Have your party setup so you can kill a monster with one or two characters and FuSoYa/Rosa immediately follows the last character's action and before the monster "dies" by fading out cast Life2 and viola you resurrected that monster for more EXP/GP and items.  I used this trick before to gain the rare items--and occasionally if you get into the PinkPuff battle and Rosa doesn't get charmed you can use this trick there too. 

You don't mean Charmed, you mean Berserked via "Dance" (which is the coolest effect IMO).
JCE3000GT

Email
« Reply #379 on: November 06, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »

Whoops my bad.  I am getting old you know.
Deathlike2

Email
« Reply #380 on: November 06, 2007, 10:16:08 PM »

I thought of a semi-cool hack idea..  think of FF3/6's Dance.. how the background changes when you successfully dance. Merge that idea back into FF2/4 for that battle.. it would be so cool.

An even better idea though, is to change the Cecil (Paladin) vs Dark Knight battle and do that with a story-like event going through all the possible backgrounds of the game and telling some backstory. To change the background, maybe you use the mosaic effect (unless there's a better way of going about it). It would be an awesome hack... but that is just an idea though.
JCE3000GT

Email
« Reply #381 on: November 06, 2007, 10:54:46 PM »

You should do it.  I'll play it as long as it comes out well before FF4 DS.  I just might forget that FF4 SFC/FF2us exsists when that game comes out.
vivify93

Email
« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2007, 07:38:37 PM »

Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA)
Finished the Baron Castle event, lost Palom and Porom, got Cid and an airship.
Baigan and Cagnazzo were both jokes.
Deathlike2

Email
« Reply #383 on: November 07, 2007, 10:15:33 PM »

You should do it.  I'll play it as long as it comes out well before FF4 DS.  I just might forget that FF4 SFC/FF2us exsists when that game comes out.

I haven't done any romhacking, I just play the hacks  Sad

I just like the idea...  Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]
  Print  

Jump to: