Dragonsbrethren Industries Archive
May 01, 2017, 01:20:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remember, this is just an archive of the Dbi Forum.

Index   Return to Slick Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: I lied  (Read 5188 times)
Sleepydude

Email
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 08:21:06 AM »

I assume you're using the map editor to make changes to the events. There's two things to keep in mind there, one is that if your changing things around make sure you don't use more bytes than the original event, and two is that I didn't do such a good job with the event editor, it's probably pretty buggy. If things aren't working for you, I would suggest just getting the address of the event from the editor (that at least should be correct) then just using a hex editor to make the changes to the event. I'll keep working on the editor some day when I get a working computer, but until then you might have to use it more as a resource than an end all. In other words, it does a lot, but you might have to get down to some hex once in a while.
Zozma

Email
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

well i might just do that looking into the hex, in the meantime i managed to do my changes the hard way lol.... amazing what swapping one or 2 of the colors in a palette can do. i altered a shade of blue and the eye color of edgar/sabin/celes's palette so that black works in battle and now even tho its not exactly the same i think ive done a decent version of rachel without making the altered blue too noticeable. hell, i could use shadow's sprite on that palette and it would barely noticeable.

i really tried to make the story a bit twisted just by swapping a few characters around and adding in a few new ones. i think the editor will allow me to change the daryl airship scene which works for me because i swapped Setzer and Daryl, guess i should change the name on the tomb too.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: